UTC BOLTON INTERIM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
All meetings take place at UTC Bolton.
UTC BOLTON INTERIM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING ATTENDANCE 2019-2020
UTC BOLTON INTERIM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE REGISTER OF INTEREST
UTC BOLTON TRUST AND GOVERNING BODY PRIOR TO THE INTERIM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Clerk to the IMC Abigail Lockett a.lockett@utcbolton,org
THE ROLE OF THE IMC
In March 2017, UTC Bolton was judged to be inadequate by Ofsted. As a consequence, the existing Governing Body was ‘stood down’ and in line with Dept for Education requirements, an Interim Management Committee (IMC) was established. Its purpose is to have responsibility for the management of the budget, the curriculum, staffing, pay and performance management to enable the UTC to move forward at pace and consequently move out of the ‘Inadequate’ category.
Members of the IMC will hold office for the period that the IMC is in existence, although individual members may resign at any time.
DUTIES OF THE INTERIM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (IMC)
The IMC has taken on all functions on behalf of the Governing Body and conducts the UTC in a way that ensures improvement and promotes high standards of educational achievement. The IMC reports to the Governing Body on an information-only basis once a term.
The main function of the IMC is to help secure strong governance of the UTC, developing a sound basis for improvement, with the intention of enabling the UTC to rapidly secure sustainable improvement.
The IMC conducts its business in an open and transparent way in accordance with the principles of standards in public life as determined by the Nolan Committee, and with reference to ‘The Good Governance, Standards for Public Services’ document produced by the Independent Commission for Good Governance in Public Services.
The IMC will:
- Be strategic leaders of UTC Bolton by approving on behalf of the Governing Body by:
- Setting targets for improvement;
- Confirming and having oversight of the management of the UTC’s delegated budget;
- Monitoring additional funding for disadvantaged students and those with SEND;
- Having oversight of the conduct of the UTC leadership and management including performance management;
- Monitoring all aspects of Safeguarding at strategic and operational levels;
- Monitoring the curriculum offer at KS4 and Post-16 to ensure it reflects the UTC’s ethos and specialisms;
- Appointing senior managers and other key staff as determined by the IMC.
- Act as critical friend to the UTC Bolton’s senior leadership team (SLT) by:
- Monitoring the quality of provision and standards of achievement within the UTC;
- Monitoring performance against targets set by the IMC;
- Monitoring the implementation of the policy framework set by the IMC and its impact on standards of achievement;
- Monitoring the UTC’s self-evaluation process and satisfying itself to the accuracy of this, including via external support as determined by the IMC;
- Ensuring the UTC complies with statutory requirements;
- Providing challenge and support to the Principal and SLT;
- Providing challenge and support to the Principal and SLT to ensure the UTC culture pervades all aspects of the College;
- Providing challenge and support to the Principal and SLT to ensure students are provided with high quality work experience placements;
- Monitoring and evaluating progress towards post-inspection action points.
- To keep the UTC Trust members and Governing Body informed of the progress of the UTC by:
- Regularly reporting progress and decisions related to staffing and finance;
- Making recommendations regarding partnerships or future governance structures;
- Keeping the governors informed of student progress;
- Reporting comments and concerns regarding any aspect of the UTC’s progress from stakeholders e.g. parents/carers.
THE REPORTING CYCLE WILL COVER:
- School Improvement
- SEND and Inclusion
- Health and Safety
- Student Numbers
- Employer Engagement
The IMC will receive annual reports on:
- Financial Statement
- Pupil Premium
The IMC will ensure the UTC complies with its statutory duty to publish specific policies on its website included in the Policies section of the website.